Copyright License & Agreement
Latest Version September 2019
The following copyright terms, agreements, and licenses apply to all products, both premium and free products, offered on our website. If you do not agree with the following terms, agreements, and licenses, you are not allowed to use any of our products for commercial or non-commercial use.
With the term “PRESETS”, we refer to files that are usually but not limited to the filetype; “.fxp” “.fxb”
With the term “SAMPLES”, we refer to files that are usually but not limited to the filetype: “.wav” “.mp3” “.flac”
With the term “PROJECT FILES”, we refer to files that are usually but not limited to the filetype: “.flp” “.als” “.logicx”
Our 100% royalty-free license
1. The presets, samples, and project files in our products are licensed to you, not sold to you. All rights not expressly granted to the user are reserved.
2. Only the original purchaser of our product has a legal right to use the contained presets, samples, and project files within their own “original” music compositions and/or in advertisements, soundtracks, and television or film productions.
The content can be used for both commercial and non-commercial use. However, it may not be used in the creation of any competitive product, such as a Sample Pack, Sample CD, Sample DVD, Virtual Instrument, Expansion Pack, or any other collection of sound or loop elements in any format.
3. The presets, samples and project files may not be used “isolated”. They must be used within the context of a musical piece mixed with additional parts.
4. You may not re-sell our products or pass it on to a third party as this license is non-transferable.
5. All presets and samples contained in our products are expressed as “royalty-free” meaning you can use the sounds in a compilation, sell that compilation and not have to pay any royalties or recurring fees to Studio palaces or any of its affiliations.
6. All copying, lending, duplicating, re-selling, renting, uploading, file sharing or unauthorized trading of our content (or any part of our content) is prohibited by international copyright law.
Products that fall under our 100% royalty-free license
All soundbanks and sample packs offered on our site fall under our 100% royalty-free license. This means that you are allowed to use all presets and all samples contained in these products as described in the copyright license agreement above.
Products that are excluded from our 100% royalty-free license
All project files offered on our site are excluded from our 100% royalty-free license. The musical content of each project file belongs to Studio palaces or any of its affiliations. This means you are not allowed to use the musical piece contained in any project file offered on our website and claim it as your own musical piece, re-sell or re-distribute it.
If you want to use one of our project files, treat it as a template. For you to be able to claim one of our project files as your own work, you have to heavily change the musical content and make your version sound melodically different from our original project file. To avoid any copyright violation, send us a streamable link of your version to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will happily give your version of our project a listen and let you know if you changed it enough to the point where you can claim it as your own work and use it commercially.
All presets and samples contained in any of our project files are entirely falling under our 100% royalty-free license and can be used as described in our copyright license agreement above.
FAQ about our 100% royalty-free license
Q: Do I have 100% ownership of my composition if I use your samples and presets?
A: Yes, you’ll have full ownership of your composition. However, note that you don’t own the copyright to the samples and presets. Other customers can use the same samples and presets without infringing your copyright and vice-versa.
Q: If I use the same samples and presets as another producer, am I infringing on their work?
A: No. Neither do you or another producer who uses the same sounds, have an exclusive license to our samples and presets. So many users may use the same samples and presets.
Q: Do I need to give credits if I use your samples and presets?
A: No. That’s the whole point of a royalty-free license. It allows you to utilize our samples and presets without having to give us any credits or royalties. Using our name within your work without our permission is even strictly prohibited.
If you have any questions regarding this copyright license agreement, please reach out to us using the information below.
LAST EDITED ON 2019-09-30